RE: Take the survey - MEISSE REPLY - R E P L Y #2 -

Steve,

FIRST: I AM NOT A BOARD MEMBER OF AMSAT, AND AM NOT SPEAKING FOR THE AMSAT
BOD. I am running for the board, and if I am so fortunate to obtain a seat,
one of the issues I will present to the full board is A PROPOSAL for the
creation of a full Endowment Trust to help with the long term funding of
AMSAT. One of the early elements of such a Trust would be to define the
Membership, a "Membership Profile". Any outside organization, being ask for
funds, will ask that question. We will have the answer.

Now, my statement: "any survey is a snap shot in time" says just what it
says, and means just what it says. I do not know what you mean by
"circular".
The statement means that as time passes and circumstances change, the
relevance of a survey decreases. As far as how long it takes to analyze the
data: The software I use will spit out any analyzes you have prescribed in
about 30 seconds after you have completed entering the input. How long it
takes to act on what you find out, is quite another question, for which
there is no simple answer.

Using e-mail to do a survey of the AMSAT membership is not a good
methodology. An undetermined number of members do not have e-mail, thus we
would immediately enter a bias into our work. Good old US mail is the best
way to deal with achieving the desired returns. If you were surveying issues
with an e-mail users group, e-mail would be a great way to proceed. Don't
forget, we are interested in looking at the complete AMSAT universe.

Thanks for your input on the issue. It is great to hear from members on the
issues that face us ALL.

73
Gunther
W8GSM