Re: where does our money go?

I'd agree you need a printed journal.  My local contest club did away
with a paper newsletter a couple years ago to save costs.  It did save
costs (I'm the treasurer and so I know this), but it also killed the
newsletter.  I don't remember when the last one was published and put
on the web.  And even when they were published, I think I may have read
and downloaded one of them.

I see no problem with putting pdf's or whatever on the web.  But AMSAT
should not stop publishing the journal.

73,

Jon
NA9D

On Friday, Jul 11, 2003, at 18:00 America/Chicago, Arthur H Feller
wrote:

> [3] Many people prefer the print edition, especially those without
> computers and those who prefer reading in the bed or bathroom (really,
> we've heard these comments).  Many would prefer an electronic version,
> if it were available, because it saves space, could add color, and
> could be delivered much more quickly.  Some see a printed Journal as
> having a better archival value and appearance (and this doesn't even
> begin to speak to formats which we produce today being readable in 20
> years).  At the same time, we've been producing a searchable CD-ROM
> version of the Journal.  (See Martha for copies.)
Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Life Member: ARRL, NRA
Member:  AMSAT, DXCC

Ham Radio Webpage: http://www.qsl.net/na9d   <- Updated on 1/12/03!!!
Digital Photography Page:
http://homepage.mac.com/jogden/Photography.html

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."

        - Oscar Wilde