Re: FEC version of P3T

Stacey E. Mills wrote:

> P3T upgraded to decode AO-40 FEC encoded Telemetry

Along the same lines, I have released a new version of my AO-40 FEC
prototype software for Linux. This version includes a much-improved
DBPSK demodulator plus a utility patterned after one by VP9MU to
reconstruct 512-byte A-blocks out of decoded 256-byte FEC blocks. I've
used PA3FWM's AO40TLMVIEW program for Linux to display the reconstructed
512-byte blocks.

The URL is

http://www.ka9q.net/ao40/ao40prototype-5.01.tar.gz

The only hardware needed is a sound card that can sample at 9600 +/- 2
Hz and produce 16-bit linear PCM. A Pentium II/III/4 CPU (or the AMD
equivalent) is preferred to make use of the MMX/SSE/SSE2 multimedia
instructions for speed.

This software is still under development, but it's starting to work
pretty well. Real-time demodulation and decoding on a 1 GHz Pentium III
takes only 4-5% of the CPU.

--Phil