Re: Take the survey

At 08:24 PM 14-07-03 -0600, Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL wrote:
>I don't know if it would be a good idea to poll Amsat membership with a
>survey on funding for projects, because it could leave some board members
>with a guilty feeling after board meetings.  We want them all to be happy,
>don't we?

In all fairness, that's not a fair statement at all.

We elect people to look into all the relevant issues with their minutiae
and try to figure what courses of action will be in the best interests of
our organization.

The job is NOT an easy one.  Just ask anyone who has been a Director or
Officer.

First of all, solutions to problems are not always obvious.  Many interests
compete for limited and changing resources.

Then, lots of folks with far less information and without as much thought
will second guess well considered decisions.

Needless to say, all the second guessing is frustrating as hell for those
with responsibility trying to do a good job; even more so when much good
information is available and published Board deliberations remain unread.

We can do better.

73, art.....