FO-29 mobile operation easy!

Hi friends, I would like to share my experience with you. I have worked two
stations sucessfully via FO-29 today in the 15:04z pass. The setup was very
simple:
-For uplink I have used my old FT-290R and a 30W PA with a simple 1/4 wave
VHF magnetic antenna.
-For downlink I have used my Kenwood TH-F7E (European version of the F6A)
with a MFJ-1717 dual band whip and a pair of earphones.
I was sitting on my car and I held the F7 with my left hand out of the
window (I can move the F7 to look for the best signal and with the fingers I
can tune the HT). With the right hand I held the mic.
I heard the beacon in the first minute of the pass, and then I switched to
the center frecuency of the transponder (+- doppler). I could hear my own
signal strong. Then I called CQ and two stations answered me. I could hear
the satellite very well all the pass (of course looking for the best signal
moving the F7).
I know that this require pratice, but I think this is a challenge!
Now I will work in a handsfree for my FT-290 and I will be able to tune my
uplink also.
Now I can work the FO-29 (plus UO-14, SO-50 and AO-27) from my holidays QTH
(IM67) with a simple setup.

Just my experience!

Best 73s to all,
Pedro EB4DKA