Re: PSK-31 transponder

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Wayne Estes W9AE wrote:

> You cannot do this on voice on a wideband transponder.  THe human brain
> cannot pay attention to 20 conversations.  But with our lap-tops, and
> multi-user PSK-31, we can.
>
> Wayne replies:
>
> Seriously, I think I understand what you're saying.  If the multi-window PSK
> software color-codes my callsign to get my attention, I think I could have
> 20 windows open and notice the replies that come back to me.

Its a single large window with about on inch of horizontal waterfall on
the left followed by 20 lines of streaming text, one for each user in the
waterfall.  Thus, you see the sigs and the text associated with each one.

I like the idea of the color coding.  THe software should be able to
recognize itself and to so indicate.  (Its full duplex, so it just watches
what it sends)... AND I think the software should capture the senders call
and maintain that label on each line, so that we can always know who is
typing that line even if the "exchange" has scrolled off..

Bob