Re: AO-40 Field Day Telemetry suggestion

Just to added precisions on the penalty points system, i suggest this system ONLY  for contest on AO-40. I'm
not suggesting to create a policy state anyware but a dererrent way to avoid working contest in an
uncontrolled mode.

Contest are not 100% popular many does not want to have contest on satellites at all (some post comments on
the non contest on satellites gentleman's agreement) Just remember the ditters levels on field day they where
not all intended for tuning purpose... and they vary with the sat foot print...

The penalty points system suggested will only helps to control excessive power level during contest. As
police traps no one wants to be clock speeding and gets fined as on contest no one wants to be monitored and
loose hardly earn points. Personnaly i feel a penalty points a chalennging way to work a contest. It is
unique on the contest scene due to the AO-40 technology.

When contesting as driving if i take a chance saying i'm lucky and i can run 80MPH or matching MB signal, i
only hope to not see red flashes in my back. Is this will help on contest i don't know but the past
experiences seems to demonstrate that trying to just educate the users is not working at all.

By the way this suggested penalty and monitoring system is open to any modifications. Personnaly if i ever
work a contest with penalty rules i will not take any chances and i will frequently check my downlink signal
against MB. AO-40 passband is not 50 mhz wide and it's very easy to spot the offenders... I have already a
list here filled outside field day time,  a futur most wanted list..HI :)...joke

PS. The contest penalty watchers as referres will probably not always be popular but its a good way to
CHALLENGE  some AMSAT area coordinators! As Bob Barker once said..Come on down!  Luc Leblanc VE2DWE (AMSAT
33583)
Coordonnateur AMSAT pour le Québec
Quebec AMSAT coordinator
          http://www.qsl.net/ve2dwe/