Take the survey

Hello Cliff

Online poll...I'll go first

>1)  Are you in favor with the continuation of the SAREX expenditure
>program?  If not what SINGLE suggestion would you make to change it?<<

someone else pay for it.  AMSAT should end all financial suport of a ham
radio on ISS until there is a repeater/transponder/APRS machine that shares
equal billing with the NASA educational machine.  I give up why cant NASA
pay for it.  A friend who is a strow is off to a few schools to do the ED
thing.  I bet the strow office's travel budget for Station contacts is in
the 6 digits.

>2)  Do you want to continue hard copy rather than electronic copy of
>AMSAT JOURNAL and would you pay say $5 per year additional for that?<<
This is a toughy.  One cannot buy life membership in AWST but a few years
ago they had a sale on that I took advantage of that for the cost of life
membership in several orgs (ARRL, AMSAT, USNI..etc) I "bought" AWST until
well a lot of decades from now.  I'd probably summon the angels of my better
nature and pass on the hard copy if the savings were spent well.

>3)  Submit a figure between zero and 100 percent what ratio should be
>expended on EAGLE and ECHO.  Submit a ratio for FM simplex and data.<<
I would vote 100 percent for more AO-10 and AO-13 birds.

>4)  Do you feel elitist by joining the Presidents Club?<< no not a member

>5)  Are you willing to actively participate in an equal measure with
>as much effort as is necessary to replace ARISS's recruitment effort?<<OK
>how many have they recruited?

>6)  Would you participate in an E-mail information pool to aid the
>Area Coordinators who simply do not have all the answers?<<  Yes

>7)  Should life members be asked to volunteer funds equivalent to dues
>every few years or is participation in the Presidents Club sufficient?<<
>another post

>8)  Are you a Grumpy Old Man or just grumpy?<< Neither.  I am low 40's very
>happy in life, about to make a carreer change but have loved every minute
>of the last one.  Being "The Old Man" for the last bunch of years has been
>a blast.  A happy point in life is that I can without reference "read" the
>morse on RUN SILENT RUN DEEP and can build patch antennas/preamps for GPS
>which are the envy of Clear Lake City Houston TX and that includes a few of
>the bright boys/girls at NASA.  Heck the investment that the US gov made in
>Engineering degrees paid off.

Your should know in my spare time I run a 1.8 million dollar 501C4
org...check out the Clear Lake Citty Community Association web site.

Robert WB5MZO