Re: AO-40 Field Day

From:           	Ah6ez@aol.com
Date sent:      	Sun, 13 Jul 2003 20:35:49 EDT
Subject:        	[amsat-bb] AO-40 Field Day
To:             	amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org

> With all of the complaints about excessive signals on AO-40 during the ARRL
> Field Day, I think that one of the cures would be to not have the ARRL and Amsat
> Field Days on the same weekend. As expected, I could not complete a QSO on UO14

snip...

Well, let's just say for argument sake that we held AMSAT field day the weekend
after ARRL field day. Who would come? You would probably have the satellites
all to yourself as no one wants to set up all that equipment two weekends in a
row. No one would want to make arrangements in public parks for two weekends in
a row and how many club members would help you out or keep you company.

Good suggestion but I do not think it is feasible.

73...bruce

Bruce Paige, KK5DO

AMSAT VP-User Services & Awards Manager

T5, 7.5Mhz