AO-40 Field Day

With all of the complaints about excessive signals on AO-40 during the ARRL
Field Day, I think that one of the cures would be to not have the ARRL and
Amsat Field Days on the same weekend. As expected, I could not complete a QSO on
UO14 during ARRL Field Day. I did make 4 QSO on the FO-29 satellite. I made 12
CW QSO on AO-40 because it did not seem that 50 watts to a 9 element  cross
yagi was enough for SSB.

I got a lot of attention when I was operating the satellites because very few
of our club members had ever seen a satellite QSO. I had one old timer state
that he had not known that his Kenwood TS2000 would work satellites so easily.

I think that separate club demonstrations at a different time than ARRL Field
Day would solve some of the problems.

73, Dick AH6EZ/W9 (was W9CEQ in FD)