Re: Launch opportunities....

> Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 11:49:17 -0700
> From: Dave Guimont
> Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Launch opportunities....
>
> 3) Dennis, KD4ETA, has a Launch opportunity within the next 2 years to put a
> >Satellite in GEOSYNCHRONOUS orbit, with virtually unlimited power, and all he
> >wants is a little technological help on a control system, and a promise of
> >noninterference in trade, and a package to put up.
>
> Wow, where and who is this guy, Roger??  Would take three (I think) of them
> to cover the world, but let's hear from him!!

He is right here, offering us a launch, and begging us to build a
satellite.

(I'm just a software guy, not an RF guy, so...)

-tjs

- - - - - - -

Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 12:51:37 -0700
From: "Dennis Ray Wingo" <wingod@lycos.com>
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Re: Repeater on the Orbital Recovery Vehicle.

Folks

As some of you may know, I am now the chief technology officer of a
company called Orbital Recovery (www.orbitalrecovery.com) and I may
possibly have a solution.

We need a frequency agile telemetry system for our bird.  It is going
to GEO orbit and it has a massive power budget after it docks with
its intended GEO comsat.

As I am very interested in helping the art survive and prosper I want
you guys to think about the following.

If the amateur community would help us develop our frequency agile
radio we would then provide weight (no more than a few kg), plenty of
power, and facility for some antennas on our bird.  Now its mission
will be to dock with a C or Ku/Ka band GEO comsat and so the ham
frequencies used would have to be on a non interference basis but
I would be willing to discuss this at length how we might be able
to make this work.

Keith or whoever is serious about this please email me at my
kycorp email address at wingod@skycorpinc.com or we can discuss it here.

I am interested only in serious inquiries and a group who is willing
to be dedicated to taking this from concept all the way to flight.
Obviously someone like Bdale or any of the good RF guys that are out
there are welcome.  This would be on a tradesy basis in that we give
AMSAT the flight opportunity for free in return for the telemetry
transceiver on our bird.

We are looking at launching in Q3-05 as a secondary payload on
Ariane 5 (the SELDA big secondary space below the two comsats).

Let me know.

Onward and upward for the amateur community!

Dennis
KD4ETA