ISS Satellite

All/Keith,

I think the BoD and Martha can attest that I have complained for years
about this notion that I constantly hear from some AMSAT members that human
spaceflight vehicles are not satellites.  I guess that is the same notion
by some that PSK31 is not amateur radio, that SSB is not REAL amateur radio
(CW is), that APRS is not amateur radio, etc.

Let not fractionalize ourselves.  As we do, we set ourselves up for a true
meltdown.

I fully understand that AMSAT has a budget issue.  I think the ARISS team
and the BoD have done their best to reduce the ARISS costs.  I think we
should be focusing on fund raising and increasing membership to raise money
and not fractionalize ourselves.  20 years ago we had a membership contest
to increase our rolls.  The person that brought on-board the most members
wins a special prize.  We should really focus on ideas like this.

And for those of you who judge others (i.e. calling them liberals, etc),
let's not do this to each other.  If there were potential members that
signed up to this reflector, I think this just hurts our cause and our
membership.

Oh, by the way for those that think I am a liberal....I am registered as a
republican...but I vote for the causes and candidates I believe
in---Republican, Democrat or other...as I hope you all in the U.S. do.

73,  Frank, KA3HDO

Message: 16