Beach Portable - WB8K/4

Just a note of thanks to all for the contacts this
past week as I operated "Beach Portable" again from
FM-25 on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I was
quite rushed and was not able to get an e-mail out to
prior to the trip again this year. I'll be printing up
some new qsl cards for this trip.

  Operating was a lot of fun  and I was thankful for
the early morning and late afternoon passes.
Temperatures were in the upper 90's during mid day and
seemed quite a bit hotter sitting on the sand and
trying to operate.

I did change the antenna this year, used a homebrew
adaptation of the "Nils Jon" tri-band V/UHF antenna. I
made mine for only two bands and it seemed to work far
better than the dual band single element vertical I
had used in previous years. I think this design is a
keeper.

Thanks again for the qso's & glad to give out FM-25 to
those that needed it.

73 & hopefully I'll do it again next next year.

Denny  WB8K

=====
73
Denny  WB8K