Re: AO-40 Field Day Telemetry suggestion

----- Original Message -----
From: "Luc Leblanc (VE2DWE)"
To: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Sunday, July 13, 2003 7:24 AM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] AO-40 Field Day Telemetry suggestion

[snip]

> The ARRL field day have in the past observers who randomly watches the
band (our club has been once CHECK
> LOG)  Is it possible to have observers who can monitor MD signal and at
the same time comparing various
> signal with MB? Implementing a penalty points systems making the closest
your are from MD the more points you
> loose. As the police radar penalty points the tickets are supposed to have
a deterrent effect and the fine
> attached to it helps to funds lawn enforcement agencies

An interesting idea Luc.  I would hope that through communication and
education we can improve the situation.  I've considered various ideas from
a multiplier for power categories based on EIRP to  multiplier/divisor based
on EIRP relative to some reference level.

Your idea is interesting and one that I had not heard of before (I'm not
much of a contester).  Interestingly enough we now have the technology to
actually do this in an fair, objective and measured way.  Something like the
SDR-14 could be used.  In fact there are some sample shots of the AO-40 on
the web site http://www.rfspace.com/sdr14.html .  The passband could be
recorded and offending stations spotted on the spectrum display and then
have their audio played back for identification.

73,
Lee-KU4OS