New Linear Transponder HELP needed (+2)

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003, Andrew VK4TEC wrote:

> Do you think that PSK will play a big role with  APRS in the future ?

No.  PSK-31 is a human QSO mode.

> Even a PSK satellite beacon would be great. >

Yes, weak signal satellites have always used PSK to save power.
I'd love to see someone calculate the link budget needed to do cubesat
telemetry using PSK-31.  My guess is that is would be less than 50 mW and
that sure is a boon to the extremely limited power on a cubesat.

But even on 10m downlink, the Doppler is so high that to maintain tracking
would require new DSP code (1500 hZ of Doppler, while 1 Hz accuracy is
required)

But we have lots of talent that can write that kind of code.
And By the way, I gotta fix my web page on Monday.  I had Roger Barker
(UI-view) instaed of Peter Martinez listed as the PSK-31 guru.

A slip of the brain cells... I do know the difference... ;-)

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob

CUBESAT Designs     http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/craft.html