Re: AO-40 Field Day Telemetry suggestion

On 12 Jul 2003 at 22:42, Lee wrote:

> Greetings Everyone,
>
> I've posted an analysis of AO-40 telemetry data from Field Day 2003 to my
> web site.
>
> http://home.cfl.rr.com/lmclamb/ao40fd03.html
>
> The peak U-Rx AGC reading is 41.7 dB!
>

> Enjoy,
> Lee-KU4OS
Quoted from: http://home.cfl.rr.com/lmclamb/ao40fd03.html
"There are several other steps I think we can take to improve the situation both during these special
operating events and in general.

Make sure that all event promotions include and emphasizes the MB-10 dB operating level.
Include EIRP based power categories in the scoring. You get more of the behavior that is rewarded. Those
stations operating correctly need to be recognized and rewarded.
Don't always answer the strongest station that calls. Especially if the station is clearly operating with
excessive power."

The ARRL field day have in the past observers who randomly watches the band (our club has been once CHECK
LOG)  Is it possible to have observers who can monitor MD signal and at the same time comparing various
signal with MB? Implementing a penalty points systems making the closest your are from MD the more points you
loose. As the police radar penalty points the tickets are supposed to have a deterrent effect and the fine
attached to it helps to funds lawn enforcement agencies

Can this fine system be applied to help funding AMSAT...! (Joke) Luc Leblanc VE2DWE (AMSAT 33583)
Coordonnateur AMSAT pour le Québec
Quebec AMSAT coordinator
          http://www.qsl.net/ve2dwe/
C.P.341