ENOUGH! - WAS: ARISS Benefits AMSAT

This is thread is depressing.

So far as I can see, we have the liberal innuendo:
Hand wringing, no fault, "we have a program for you" club wailing, "But
think of the children", or "I remember what turned me on to engineering
when I was a kid, this will work!".

On the other hand, I read frustrated rebuttal in the form of: "But when
(if at all), do we get the benefit of this altruistic fluff that I am
funding?".

The arguments supporting ARISS have been orthogonal and rabid (WRT
benefiting a specific group of 4000 amateurs), in their attempt to
find a premise and solid footing to defend. Buzz words and incremental
challenges to some sincere concerns (from a few that dare), over the
priorities that AMSAT-NA (reads "the BOD") has aligned itself with.

BOD accountability aside, junkets to "high level" meetings let alone,
travel to Russia (even as ballast), in support of ARISS is the great
boondoggle of the era of AMSAT-NA.

Go to Russia to secure a launch for this member #20606, you bet!

Is what the ARISS groupies envision today of satellite communications
even relevant from the crop of "would be HAMs" gleaned from their
escapades 20 years from now? Give me a break. Given the doubling of
processor speed, doubling of bandwidth every 18 months rule of thumb,
we are more likely to expect that the new thing to do will be to
communicate using gravitational waves.

Are we (as in: AMSAT-NA members) to support the delusions of those
that believe we have an obligation to promulgate a notion that this
organization has a responsibility to prop up a failed primary/secondary
educational system?

Not this member. I'm gonna go cut a check for AMSAT-DL

Tough talk, okay. I earned my asbestos email armor in the '70's,
flame on!

bye,

--
Joe Ennis - w7net