RE: Re: RE: ARISS Benefits AMSAT

>The Sarex (now ARISS) was a major program activity of AMSAT when I
>joined in the early 1990's.  It was never slipped in under my nose but
>always presented openly along with all the other programs AMSAT has been
>involved with.  Besides, it is spaced based amateur radio.  If AMSAT
>should not be involved, I'd like to know who should (or could) be.

Yes, Kevin, it is space based radio, I agree, that does nothing but promote
NASA under the guise of "educating the children"....those programs do
nothing to
promote amateur satellites and their operation....it is negative in
fact...It drains
much needed dollars that should be used for AMATEUR RADIO SPACE
COMMUNICATIONS, and developement of those communications, for which, I
think, most of us belong to AMSAT......

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....