Re: British Festival of Space

>The other wow factor was to get kids to say 'Hello' into the microphone and
>hear the reply back 1/3s later on AO-40. It didn't even need a QSO, just to
>hear their voice coming back was enough.

Good show, again, Howard....We find the same experience here in Califrnia...
Birds that they can hold a converstion on really get their attention.  I've
talked to almost every shuttle that was ever launched throughout the years,
had kids of all ages here at various times, and those contacts were
interesting to them, but pretty much of a "ho hum" attitude.  BUT, when
they can pick up the mike, hear themselves, and then when they get someone
to answer....the WOW! needs no explanation to those that have experienced it!!

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....