Re: RE: ARISS Benefits AMSAT

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 jeff@ke9v.com wrote:

> "The ARISS project has been costing AMSAT $30,000 to $40,000 per year,
> In 2000 we took in $1,300 in earmarked donations.  In 1999 we spent
> $20,000 and took in $1,500."
>
> Is this difficult for you to understand or is it simply difficult for
> you to accept Bob?

It is meaningless unless you also compare it to other earmarked
contributions.  Comparing earmarked contributions to dues is a meaningless
number.   You are comparing apples and oranges.

> But since AMSAT has been spending money on ARISS, membership has
> actually declined. You can't possibly make the argument that the high
> profile ARISS project is increasing the membership or bottom line of
> AMSAT-NA.

During the same time, the use of Bottled water has gone up.  Maybe that
is what is killing AMSAT?

Bob

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob

MIM/Mic-E/Mic-Lite  http://ssdl.stanford.edu/mims/