Re: RE: ARISS Benefits AMSAT

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003, Jeff Davis wrote:

> > Doesn't benefit NASA as much as it does us.  That's $7 per year per
> > member.  Heck , I get that much warm satisfaction EVERY time I see just
> > one successful ARISS contact and the excitement on the kids faces...
>
> To be clear, the COST of ARISS to AMSAT is $7 per member but members
> only DONATE 0.25 cents each for ARISS.

OK, and how much have they given for ECHO?  How much have they given for
Eagle?  How much have they earmarked for other projects.

Until we see those figures, your statistics are meaningless.

> The $6.75 difference per member is generously given away by those who have
> been elected because they believe ARISS is in the best interest of AMSAT.

Sounds like they are of sound mind and making good decisons in our behalf.
but comparing the $7 to the 25 cents isflawed logic.  The $7 per year
comes out of UNDSEIGNATED dues...

> How much *louder* do members have to speak to get a point across?

Give some relavant numbers then we may listen.  'TIll then its just noise.

Bob