Re: Re: ARISS Benefits AMSAT - REPLY -

Hi all,

After every ARISS contact I post to the web the listing of successful
schools.  I also maintain the data for the rest of the ARISS mentors so here are some
statistics you may be interested in:

Successful ARISS contacts
Australia   4
Belgium 4
Canada        7
England 2
Finland       1
France        4
Germany 2
Israel        1
Italy          2
Japan          5
Netherlands  1
Russia          4
Slovenia      1
South Africa  4
Thailand      1
USA 62
Non-USA 43
Total 105

Waiting in the wings (these numbers are approximate):
USA 53
Non-US 27

ISS Op                                Expedition    Number
William Shepherd KD5GSL  1               7
Jim Voss                             2                   6
Susan Helms KC7NHZ         2                 8
Frank Culbertson KD5OPQ  3               22
Carl Walz KC5TIE                 4               7
Dan Bursch KD5PNU          4                 9
Yuri Onufrienko RK3DUO   4               1
Mark Shuttleworth ZSRSA  4 Taxi         4
Peggy Whitson KC5ZTD           5                 13
Valeri Korzun RZ3FK        5                 1
Frank De Winne ON1DWN    5 Taxi         2
Donald Pettit KD5MDT           6                 12
Kenneth Bowersox KD5JBP  6                5
Nikolai Budarin RV3FB          6                  1
Ed Lu  KC5WKJ                 7               7

Here is the current count of successful school contacts for each mentor
(perhaps the hardest working team anywhere); notice how international this group is:
ARISS mentor         Number
7M3TJZ                6
AA8HH                     3
AJ9N                      14
IN3GHZ                 2
IN3GHZ & ON4WF   2
K5YFL                      20
KA3HDO               3
KC6ROL               5
N6IZW                      7
ON4WF                11
RV3DR                       1
VE3TBD                4
VK5ZAI                      4
W5OOD                 1
W5UE And W8JE     1
W6ISS                       13
W8JE                        1
W8JE And W5UE     1
WA2CAM And W8JE 1
WA3GOV  4

Telebridge operator successful school count (notice how international this
group is)
Ground op   Number
AH6NM         4
NN1SS         3
VK5ZAI        14
W5RRR   1
W6ISS         1
W6SRJ         4
WH6PN   8
ZS6BTD  3
Total         38

The latest ARISS announcement and successful school list is now available on
the
ARISS web site.  Several ways to get there.

Latest ARISS announcements and news
http://www.amsat.org/amsat/ariss/news/arissnews.txt

Successful school list
http://www.amsat.org/amsat/ariss/news/Successful_ARISS_schools.rtf

or
http://ariss.gsfc.nasa.gov

If you can not get into the GSFC site, then go directly to the RAC site. (***)

click on English (sorry I don't know French)
you are now at http://www.rac.ca/ariss/
click on News

73,
Charlie Sufana AJ9N