RE: to the BOD's and AMSAT-NA president. - REPLY -

The famous eighteenth century British legislator, Sir Edmund Burke, said
that, "My constituents elected me to use my judgment, not to just vote
their interests."

Of course, he was not reelected.  But, he had a good point, IMHO.  Every
representative (or Board Member) has the same conflict from time to time.

Just something to think about.

Polls might helpful.  But, great care is necessary or they turn out to be
used like a drunk uses a lamp post: more for support than illumination.

A Member skills data base already exists, though it is not published for a
variety of reasons.  See:
http://www.amsat.org/amsat/volunteer-survey.html.  Participation is purely
voluntary.  Though, more people participating gives the Board a better view.

Hope this helps.

73, art.....