RE: to the BOD's and AMSAT-NA president. - REPLY -

Greg,
The essence of your posting is well taken: It is important to know what
the membership wants, and how they feel about the issues facing AMSAT.
An open pole however, is not the way to do research on such items. It is
subject to all sorts of distortions and our membership database is not
structured in a way that lends itself to a pass worded pole of that
sort. Any pole that is not controlled, is nothing more than a shouting
match, which serves no one.
In the upcoming BoD meeting, I will propose, as part of a much larger
effort, that we construct a "Membership Profile" that will be a sampling
of the membership, with the intent of developing a demographic profile
of the AMSAT membership including a complete Fact-Set of their operating
activities and AMSAT involvements, together with an Opinion-Set which
will deal with such personal preference issues, as Echo/Eagle, LEO/HEO,
etc. At the conclusion of that study the board will have that background
information to add to their own analyses of the options open to us.
A deliberate approach will lead us to the truth of the matter, and after
all, that's what we all want to know.
Regards,
Gunther
W8GSM