Re: To all BOD current and maybe new BOD

Date sent:      	Fri, 11 Jul 2003 09:41:32 -0800
To:             	Keith N6ORS <k2@pe.net>, amsat <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
From:           	"Edward R. Cole" <al7eb@ptialaska.net>
Subject:        	Re: [amsat-bb] To all BOD current and maybe new BOD

snip...

> >about. But it would be useful if maybe the BOD
> >published a short monthly update, say emailed to
> >bruce, to be read over the houston amsat net.
> >
> >Keith (N6ORS)
>
> That's fine and dandy if you live in Texas!  So I see talk of using Voip or IRLP
> (excuse if I spell these wrong).  How do we who live "far and away" tap in?

snip....

I fail to see what living in Texas has to do with being able to the listen to
the Houston AMSAT Net. Our net is heard live around the world and up your
street via geostationary C-Band satellite, repeaters and the world wide web as
well as Echolink. There should be one of those mediums that would allow every
person reading this message the ability to listen to it. After the live net,
the memorex version is available on Echolink (type .list   and then  .play 1)
as well as from my web site for 4 weeks after the live net was aired.

73...bruce

Bruce Paige, KK5DO

AMSAT VP-User Services & Awards Manager

T5, 7.5Mhz