From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org] On
Behalf Of Bob Bruninga
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2003 4:53 PM
Cc: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Re: ARISS Benefits AMSAT

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003, Estes Wayne-W10191 wrote:

> Regardless of the magnitude, the real question is, it APPROPRIATE for
> AMSAT to financially support ARISS?  We already provide most of the
> labor.  We don't appear to be the main beneficiary.

Who is this "we"?  AMSAT, or you personally?
I maintain that AMSAT and HAM radio in space IS the primary
beneficiary...

> We have a severe shortage of resources for building and launching
> satellites, which is clearly what most AMSAT members want to be the
> primary objective of AMSAT.

Where do you get the opinion "clearly" and "most"?  That is not clear to
me at all and I dont think "most" would be willing to let ARISS die. Yes
it seems to be the drum beat of a vocifirous minority, but the louder
they beat their own drum, does not mean everyone else is dancing to
it... In fact, Im looking for earplugs...

Bob