Re: where does our money go?

Robert

A few simple questions, maybe not so simple an answer,  please

AO-13 had each of the main components needed to operate as a Ham
transponder in space
Question # 1
Why was it necessary to build all the new components ? ( not counting the
added capability )
Question # 2
What can't the plans for AO-13 be re constructed .
Question #
Why does it seem that the only way for the next bird is redesign .
I know that we learn as we go and it logical to improve systems .
At funding times like we current seem to have why can't we just fall back
on what we know worked.

Joe  K0VTY