Re: president's club

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003, Don Agro wrote:

> I would be the last person to suggest that fundraising is an easy
> job but I wonder how many people have been turned off of donating
> to AMSAT because of the elitist tone ? ...or how many have had their
> (unjustified) suspicions that AMSAT is an elitist organization
> confirmed by it ?

Geeze..  My schools, my fraternity, the boy scouts, my church, my alumni
associations, my old varsity sport, in fact, every orgaization that
solicits contributions uses this technique to give some recognition to
those that dig deeply into their pockets.  If some AMSAT people think this
technique is elitest, then I'm sorry, but I have no sympathy...

Give what you can give, but don't begrudge the others that are somehow
able to give more.

Bob