Re: where does our money go?

On 11 Jul 2003 at 11:02, Arthur H Feller wrote:

> Hi!
>
> At 03:30 AM 11-07-03 -0400, Luc Leblanc (VE2DWE) wrote:
> >Many funds raising campaing are no more operating due to an administration
> >expenses ratio way too high (over 50%) for each 1$ received more than 50
> >cents goes for administrations fees.
>
> What many others may do, we don't.  Our overhead is about 10%, usually
> less.  You'll see this in our Federal Form 990 tax returns which are
> published on the
> web.  See:  http://www.guidestar.org/partners/nccs/search.jsp; search using our
> EIN: 52-0888529.  Audited financial statements are available to Members for
> the asking.

I got this from your link:

We are in the process of switching to a system that will require users to register before they can view
scanned images of Forms 990. In the meantime, please go directly to www.guidestar.org for registration and
access to the forms. A direct link will be available shortly. We apologize for any inconvenience.

As you can see we are lacking a lot of informations, this explain in part this flow of questionning. The more
we get the less we will ask, but there is a huge amount of good points unanswered yet. Sorry if you feel some
comments are negative, it is probably coming from a lack of informations that's why some ask questions to BOD
members and candidates before voting! Can we guess all this questionning will stops after the elections?

 Why you feel that way?  nobody ever tell  "Members of the Board are neither idiots nor demi-gods." If you
feel so too bad for you.  If the fact that members put pressures to have explanations makes you feel
uncomfortable this rings me a bell...New members does not have a 15 years experience in amsat and we take
your word when you say "I can tell you that they all work most conscientiously" but stating this this should
not refrain any members the right to ask and commenting. Its you who just developped this new concept
"Remember, being a Member and VOTING earns you the right to complain." I personnaly don't see the actual
discussions as complaints but fierce commenting.

What we want from the BOD its to know how they will handle the present members questionning in giving clear
ideas not just general ideas on their plans. What they think is worthwhile and what is not and how they will
made theses corrections.

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE (AMSAT 33583)
Coordonnateur AMSAT pour le Québec
Quebec AMSAT coordinator