Re: Up-coming AMSAT Board Election -

Maybe AMSAT should not be the main supporter of ARISS.  Maybe it should be
the ARRL.  ARISS certainly needs to continue and someone has to foot the
bill, but who?

<<

Hello All.

Why not NASA funding?

There is a reality that I dont think is being discussed.  If "all" the non
NASA funding for ARISS was terminated NASA would find a way internally to
fund the school contacts.  I am not for sure that would necessarily mean
that they would do it through amateur radio...but there would be school
contacts.  Indeed if the amateur radio radio were to die tomorrow you would
find that the contacts would continue via "other means".

NASA spends millions on the education gig.  I would wager the travel budget
for the astronauts to visit schools around the country is into six figures.
  I dont have a clue why AMSAT is spending dollars that are to subsidize a
NASA PR effort.

Robert Oler WB5MZO