Re: where does our money go?

Hi!

At 03:30 AM 11-07-03 -0400, Luc Leblanc (VE2DWE) wrote:
>Many funds raising campaing are no more operating due to an administration
>expenses ratio way too high (over 50%) for each 1$ received more than 50
>cents goes for administrations fees.

What many others may do, we don't.  Our overhead is about 10%, usually
less.  You'll see this in our Federal Form 990 tax returns which are
published on the
web.  See:  http://www.guidestar.org/partners/nccs/search.jsp; search using our
EIN: 52-0888529.  Audited financial statements are available to Members for
the asking.

>Are we travelling on a Rolls Royce when we can ride on a VW Beetle (no
>offense for Beetle owners)

Read the published minutes of the Board of Director's meetings and you will
know the answer.

People, most questions being tossed about here on BB have already been
discussed and considered by the Board over the past many years.  Put
yourselves in their shoes.  What would you have done?  Odds are, they did it.

Still, good ideas are ALWAYS needed.  Speak up POSITIVELY!

Members of the Board are neither idiots nor demi-gods.  They are real
people just like you.  They do their best for you and, having attended
every Board meeting for over 15 years, I can tell you that they all work
most conscientiously.

While I do NOT suggesting following the Board blindly, I do suggest that
everyone:

      (1) READ the published minutes in the Journal,
      (2) ATTEND Board meetings, and
      (3) VOTE.

Remember, being a Member and VOTING earns you the right to complain.

73, art.....
W4ART  Fairfax VA
Treasurer