Re: president's club

Hi John and Greg

There hardly has been a time over more than 20 years when I did not make a
contribution to AMSAT whenever I got a solicitation for one.  I never
worried about designating my contributions to one cause or another.

We elect our BOD members to make these and other pertinent decisions.  For
people who think that they know it all much better than our elected BOD
members, they have the option to run for and be elected on the AMSAT
BOD.  It has been my impression for all of the time that I have been an
AMSAT member(22 years), that all of our present and past AMSAT BOD members
are working the best they can as unpaid volunteers to accomplish what is in
the best interest of all AMSAT members.  I know that for many, being a BOD
member, means putting in just about as much of an effort as holding a full
time paid job.  Luckily for us, we have some members who are willing to,
and can afford to do that.

Sitting on the sidelines here reading comments from so many people talking
about "them" and "they" instead of "us", I wonder how much help we get from
these people to fund and build satellites, instead of getting complaints
only.  There are many things most of us can do.  We can help our AMSAT
organization by being satellite enthusiast ambassadors at ham fests or on a
one to one basis with our local ham radio friends, we can help with
administrative tasks to run the organization.  For example:  Bob Carpenter,
for much more than 10 years now, helps with administrative tasks in the
AMSAT office just about, if not every week.  Paul Williamson has set up and
run our AMSAT website and mail service for more years now than I can
remember.  There are things that most of us could do to help, instead of
griping about what "they" should do.

Let's pull together.  Let's support AMSAT financially as best as we can,
and let's support AMSAT with presenting good ideas to our elected BOD, and
lastly, let's all do something to encourage and help new members.

73 de Dieter kx4y