RE: where does our money go?

My feelings are that the savings are in the noise.
We need 30 dB more than what we would save if I do
my estimation correctly.  I would also not like to
see qualified people kept off the board by being
unable to attend board meetings.  Having been on
the board before, unless things have changed
drastically,  you never make money at this. You
constantly have fund drained at a pretty good clip
by being on the board OR you are simply not meeting
your responsibilities.

Financially rich times?  I feel like one of the
lucky people in the world in the last five years.
I have managed not to lose a lot.  But let's take
my 401k for example.  I have been stashing 10%
of my income,  my company has stashed 10% of
my income so I am pouring 20% of my income into
the lowest loaded funds on the planet (TIAA-CREF)
and ALL I HAVE MANAGED IS FLAT after inflation
and that is by diversifying considerably.  I compute
that it this flat economy and flat value of my
investments, without another "Clinton years"
craziness on Wall Street I am no longer able to
retire while the first digit is a SIX.  I would
not make assumptions about rich times.

Bob
N4HY