Re: ARISS

On Thursday, Jul 10, 2003, at 19:05 America/Chicago, Mike McGowan wrote:

> If it's not paying off, I'd say that it is more likely that the
> volunteers
> haven't been properly trained or the organization isn't following up
> with
> next steps for the students.  Are there any next steps?  Or, are we
> leaving
> the kids to do it all themselves?

Mike,

Very good point.  That is a good question.  What happens to keep the
kids interested in radio AFTER the contact?  Maybe someone with ARISS
experience can answer that question.

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Life Member: ARRL, NRA
Member:  AMSAT, DXCC

Ham Radio Webpage: http://www.qsl.net/na9d   <- Updated on 1/12/03!!!
Digital Photography Page:
http://homepage.mac.com/jogden/Photography.html

"Try not to become a man of success.  Rather become a man of value."

                 - Albert Einstein