RE: Re: Up-coming AMSAT Board Election - Gunther -

<snip>

> And i really find
> it hard to believe a bunch of 8 year olds are going to think
> about getting
> a ham license and build satellites after seeing a telephone
> linked demo
> to the space station.

<snip>

> Keith (N6ORS)

Keith

As far as I'm concerned, my passion for space certainly comes from the
Spoutnik "bip bip" broadcasted in october 1957 (I was 8 years old) by the
family receiver installed on top of the fridge. I still remeber the scene.
And a ham radio demo during a science museum visit when I was 11 undoubtedly
triggered my interest for this hobby (which turned to a career devoted to
electronics).
So, I'm convinced that showing some scientific demos to young kids is the
best way to preserve the future of our hobby.

73 de Jean-Louis F6AGR
AMSAT-France