Re: where does our money go?

Discussions aproaching a crucial point. When i'm investing money i want to get the maximum return on my
investment. (excluding charitable donations)

Question -1 Did AMSAT ever evaluate the return on all of his promoting program ARISS and so on? It is
worthwhile or money will better invest directly on satellites construction.

Question-2  Did AMSAT examine all his operating cost (fix,variable,compressible) EX: travel cost regarding
the benefits gained from theses expenses.?

Question-3 Is it worthwhile to cut on non essential costs and refocusing on hardware for satellites? are we
speaking of a lot of money?

Question-3 (always the same) Did AMSAT ever evaluate how much money is spent world wide on amateur satellites
by various organisations? How this money taken in a single pot can impact on funding for an AO-40 satellite
type? Building 1 big one instead of 10 small ones (scale cost savings)

Many funds raising campaing are no more operating due to an administration expenses ratio way too high (over
50%) for each 1$ received more than 50 cents goes for administrations fees.

Are we travelling on a Rolls Royce when we can ride on a VW Beetle (no offense for Beetle owners)Luc Leblanc
VE2DWE (AMSAT 33583)
Coordonnateur AMSAT pour le Québec
Quebec AMSAT coordinator
          http://www.qsl.net/ve2dwe/