RE: To all BOD current and maybe new BOD

Greg,
Thanks for your suggestion on a possible EchoLink meeting. I think it is
a great idea, however, we will need to give it a good deal of thought
and discussion it with the future board. I have two concerns: One, it
has been said to me many , many times that a board member must watch
what he says, so as not to give the impression that he speaks for the
board.. An open, live forum like this will require discipline in that
regard. Number two, time.. I am sitting here right now answering about
50+ e-mails from members who have ask me a question or given an opinion
which deserves a response. This will take up the evening, which, tonight
is not a problem. We have had one storm after the other and I have no
cable modem service tonight and my wife is out of town.... That is not
always the case. On the -bb I can answer here at home, at work when I
get a couple minutes, and even when I am on vacation, like last week...
That flexibility is very important to me.. I still have a very busy
professional schedule and must sandwich AMSAT in, best I can, SO, a
requirement that I met a regular live format session requires more
thought on my part. Other potential board members and the ultimate
winners of the BoD race will have to address that issue.
Again,
I think it is a great idea, but will take some planning and coordination
to pull off... A good time might be right before or after the Houston
AMSAT net, broadcast live on Tuesday evenings...
Thanks for your thoughts and you'll hear more on the topic..
Gunther
W8GSM