Re: Re: Up-coming AMSAT Board Election - Gunther -

>"A School ARISS contact does not cost anything either other than a lot of
>volunteer time and interraction with the students over a several week
>period.  A lot better investment in HAM radio than a gee-whiz demo to a
>lot of drunks on the beach."

Keith,

Yes, I was just striking a few notes, but quite obviously I got a whole
chord!!  We'll get the band playing yet!!

>Bob,
>Are you saying we spend nothing on Ariss,  I find that hard to believe.
>Actually i believe we spend a considerable amount.  And i really find
>it hard to believe a bunch of 8 year olds are going to think about getting
>a ham license and build satellites after seeing a telephone linked demo
>to the space station. They probably dont even know you are hams, If
>asked they probably think your nasa people.  And btw most beaches
>dont allow drinking , out here in california anyway.

I guess beaches east of the Mississippi haven't modernized yet, after that
remark about drunks on the beach.  Well, they'll catch up eventually...

It was actually in connection with a Boy Scout event...

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....