New satellites

Hi group

Have been reading the debate on new satellites and cubesats with some
interest.

With all this technical ability on this reflector cant we organize
ourselves in to a team and make a small satellite we seem to have access
to some very technical people.

I have been talking to a friend of mine who for many years was involved
in the design and building of satellites. He once did a study on the
life expectancy of a satellite built from mainly farnell / radio Spares
components standard components you can get off the shelf he came up with
the answer of between 3-5 years.

So based on that can't we build some small almost disposable satellites
along the lines of cubesates? getting them lunched dose not seem too
difficult judging by the amount lunched recently.

I am happy to put some time, effort and some limited cash into building
a small satellite.

Any thoughts lets be positive and lets not forget we are Radio Amateurs
it's only a hobby how many times have we shown the experts it can be
done a different way, lets use our technical ability and ingenuity to
good effect.

73 Keith