Re: Up-coming AMSAT Board Election - Gunther -

"A School ARISS contact does not cost anything either other than a lot of
volunteer time and interraction with the students over a several week
period.  A lot better investment in HAM radio than a gee-whiz demo to a
lot of drunks on the beach."

Bob,
Are you saying we spend nothing on Ariss,  I find that hard to believe.
Actually i believe we spend a considerable amount.  And i really find
it hard to believe a bunch of 8 year olds are going to think about getting
a ham license and build satellites after seeing a telephone linked demo
to the space station. They probably dont even know you are hams, If
asked they probably think your nasa people.  And btw most beaches
dont allow drinking , out here in california anyway.

Keith (N6ORS)