From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of James H. Jipping
Sent: 10 July 2003 02:34
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Newbee on a handheld

HELLO PEOPLE:

Tonight I did something new   ---     I tried UO14 with my FT50r handheld
and an arrrow antenna purchasd at Dayton.     I heard a few stations come
back but in the throws of the moment I did not get the calls.  Hind sight
is always 20-20 and  I should have had a system to document my tail-gate
experience,   BUT

If you heard me, e-mail me  ----  I think I actually , legimitly made a
qso. But, what the hey, it sure was fun.

Thanks,  JIP     been around a while AMSAT member 5512 -  that goes way back

JIM JIPPING   	W8MRR