Re: FT-857 and InstantTune - does it work?

Hi Mike,

I haven't noticed a response to your question so I thought I would
pipe in.

Looking at the manual, the FT-857 command set appears to be similar
to the FT-817. However, I know from past experience that the manuals
often have errors in them so you can't tell if it will work for sure.

On the bright side, it is fairly easy to modify an existing radio
driver for a new radio. I have generally been willing to write
one if the interested party will commit to testing it (which is
generally the pretty tedious part!)

Also, InstantTune is open-source so ANYONE can write a driver for
their favorite radio if they want to.

If you do get the FT-857, please let me know if it works with
InstantTune.

Thanks and 73,
Tony AA2TX

---