Re: Serial <-> USB adapter

I've seen plenty that don't even allow you to go above Com 4!  This has
to be one of the places where programmers are completely lazy and still
think they are programming for an 8 or 16 bit processor!

73,

Jon
NA9D

On Wednesday, Jul 9, 2003, at 01:34 America/Chicago, Howard Long wrote:

> I've found a lot of Windows apps won't address COM ports above 8 or
> 10. This
> is primarily because there is not really an easy and consistent way of
> enumerating ports on both Windows 9x/ME and Windows 2K/XP: they operate
> differently. So, Windows application developers, let us have access to
> lots
> of COM ports! I'm up to COM18 on my PC at the moment!

Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Life Member: ARRL, NRA
Member:  AMSAT, DXCC

Ham Radio Webpage: http://www.qsl.net/na9d   <- Updated on 1/12/03!!!
Digital Photography Page:
http://homepage.mac.com/jogden/Photography.html

"Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning"

                    - Bill Gates