Re: Transponder tested on a balloon

William Leijenaar schrieb:

 Hi ALL

 I monitored the launch of the balloon from about 400km away.

 The seperate beacon on 145.200 was very strong.

 All transponder signals were about 30 db weaker - one observer told me later
 at least 30 dB...

 I also got this msg from stns 30km from transponder.

 So what has happened with the transponder ?

 -antennas disconnected prior to launch ?
 - no IF-gain ?
 - desensing ?

 hrd two stns only very very weak. CUBESATS are 800km minimum distance.

 Remember the ARTOBs in the 70s  ARTOB ( Amateur Radio On Balloon) with
 DJ4ZC , or DL7QY transponder with very very strong signals - like OSCAR 7

 but last sunday...  there must be somethin wrong with the UV-transponder.

 73 DK2ZF  AMSAT LM-34