Re: Area coordinators

Hi Wayne,

>Wayne asks:
>
>How would an Area Coordinator to KNOW that you just joined?
>The membership list is currently top-secret.  New members aren't
>anounced to the Area Coordinators.

They should be - after all, if you join an organization (as opposed to
donating to it) it's a pretty safe bet you want to participate in it.

When an organization gets a new member, there is usually a checklist.  ( ie
a-  send membership card, b - add to mailing list, c - enter newsletter
subscription, etc.) Part of that checklist should be: "This person lives in
Town A, which is in area B, and the AC for that area is C, so we will
forward the information to C, who can make contact, welcome the person to
the organization and invite them to participate in (some event, net, etc.)."

Before you get all bent about privacy, OK - add an opt out.  I personally
don't know why someone would join but opt out when they could just as
easily make a donation and not worry about participation but hey, if they
want to do that, accommodate them.

Contacting new members isn't rocket science but it is good membership
management.  If the ACs don't know who the members are in their area, what
and who are they coordinating?

- emily (w0eec)

just my opinion, others may vary