Area coordinators

Emily wrote:

I counted 5 coordinators within shouting (2m repeater) distance of my home,
and I've never heard any on the birds or on repeaters, talking up sats or
holding nets. Heck, I've only ever heard one on the air and that was during
the VHF/UHF contest.  If I had joined any other organization I would have
had an AC contact within a week.

Wayne replies:

How would an Area Coordinator to KNOW that you just joined?
The membership list is currently top-secret.  New members aren't
anounced to the Area Coordinators.

Wayne Estes W9AE
AMSAT Area Coordinator