From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of William Leijenaar
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2003 9:46 PM
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Transponder tested on a balloon

Hi AMSATs,

Last saterday (5 juli 2003) a (satellite prototype) mode-uv transponder has
been tested on a balloon in Germany. For interrested hams I put some
pictures on my website.

I have no time for long technical stories, so you have to do it with the
pictures and small descriptions...
This transponder I have made with normal available SMD components, except
the crystal filter.

This might also be interresting for the discussion if a mode-uv transponder
will fit into a cubsat, and if it is technically reachable for a student...
(By the way: I'm just a graduated student... :o)

Please look at:
www.qsl.net/pe1rah

73 de PE1RAH, William
---