Re: variation on the same subject.

On Monday 07 July 2003 8:12 pm, JoAnne Maenpaa wrote:
snip

> My satellite project at http://home.earthlink.net/~maenpaa/
> was put on-hold so I could get the Journal out on time.  If
> you prefer I'll continue to work on my dish next time and you'll
> get your next Journal .... well, whenever I get around to it.
>
> Some guys need a dose of reality of what goes on behind the
> scenes.
>
> 73 de JoAnne WB9JEJ
> Editor, AMSAT Journal
>
> ----
snip

Hi Joanne,
    I have a question... (and I'm going to use the global "we" here ) are we
clairvoyant? ESP enhanced? psychic?   maybe psycho? hehe

     No I don't think we have those qualities....  so how are we going to get
a dose of reality here??? you yourself say the are "behind the scenes" out of
sight...

"AMSAT" stays pretty quiet on the internal goings on...  both on failures and
on successes...  when bad things happen like when AO40 popped... info was
very slow in coming...  it was over a year before info about the valve covers
came out...

When good things happen ... like the warble on L band being fixed....  it
didn't even get any press... that was fixed months and months ago...

Maybe the BOD is way too busy to get on a sat... maybe they need to stand up
and let us know what they have been up to...

But I for one agree with Luc  that they should make some time to get on the
sats to better understand what their members are dealing with... good and
bad...

73
Kevin
WA6FWF