Re: Voluntary register of AMSAT Members

Folks:
We kind of already have this.  It's called the area coordinator's list
on the amsat-bb.  These are folks who have opted-in to have contact
information published.

Do we need another list????

For those who would like to opt-in, I'd suggest contact Barry Baines,
(wd4asw@amsat.org) becomee an Area Coordinator, and opt-in to the
existing list.

What does an area coordinator do?  As much or as little as he can at the
time, mostly be available to answer questions, and direct interested
people to resources.  When I was at sea, I did very little (amsat stuff,
anyway.)  When I'm home, I gladly answer the occasional phone call, and
have no problem saying, "Call me later, please."

73,
Jim
wb4gcs@amsat.org