Re: Voluntary register of AMSAT Members

I think Mike probably has the best approach overall.
It could be just like the WSJT registry (for those familiar)...just callsign, grid locator, e-mail, and equipment.  Just enough info to arrange skeds, no more.
Actually there's no reason to limit it to AMSAT members...could be just "active satellite ops".  You could add fields like "sats worked" and "special condx"...fer instance, for AO-40, there seem to be many special conditions like "blocked below 10 degrees elev bet. 180-220 az".
And to get on the registry would be "opt-in" in the sense that you'd have to take action to be on it.
<note to non-USA readers:  there is a significant anti-public-information sentiment in our population for a variety of reasons.  It is a flashpoint argument.  Best avoided completely>...which is why this approach would seem best.

Heck, if there's sufficient interest I'll even PUT IT TOGETHER and MANAGE IT...how's that?

> From: "Mike Hooles" <Mikehooles@btinternet.com>
> Date: 2003/07/08 Tue AM 09:06:48 EDT
> To: "AMSAT" <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
> Subject: [amsat-bb] Voluntary register of AMSAT Members
>
> Hi Folks,
>
> A voluntary register of AMSAT Members Worldwide, that all can access and
> that and those of us who are willing put our names on could be a useful tool
> for making scheds, tests etc. without affecting confidentiality for those
> who wished it.
> E.g. ; -
> Callsign   - G3LGR
> Loc         - IO91
> AMSAT - Yes, AMSAT NA
> E-mail     - Mikehooles@BTInternet.com
> Satellites - LEO's FM
>                  LEO's cw/ssb
>                  AO-40 cw/ssb
> Echolink - Yes
> Scheds   - All satellites listed above.
> Scheds   - CW/voice only
>
> Or is there one out there that I don't know about
>
> Regards
> Mike G3LGR

Scott Townley NX7U
Gilbert, AZ  DM43di